Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Drama Took Place

It was a night of fears and uncertainties. Tuesday night, I was already sleeping soundly in my bed when my sister-in-law ran into my room shouting for help. She was exclaiming that my brother fainted in the kitchen. My mum jumped out of bed and I was still unclear of the trauma. Thought that it was only a dream. But when I woke up, I ran to the kitchen, only to find that my brother was lying there, unconscious. I ran up to him, and there he was, looking pale and unable to respond when I called out for him.

I kept calling him, "Kor, kor... how are you feeling now?" in mandarin. He was only trying very hard to open his eyes, but he couldn't, his breathing was slow and he doesn't even have the strength to speak. His body was cold and perspiring and I don't how else I can help, but to put some medicated oil and massage him, fanning him. I was utterly confused, my mind unable to accept what was happening then. Looking on, my mum and sis-in-law were crying and I have to take on the role of comfort as well.

I have had plenty of questions in my mind. The only man in the household collapsed. And I have to learn to be calm and stable, so that I can handle the things and situation then. I controlled my tears. I asked if the ambulance is reaching. When I saw the ambulance coming (from the window of my kitchen), I quickly ran out of the house, directing the paramedics to my house. So after a long night of trauma, tears and prayers, God protected my brother from harm and danger. I thank God for Him answering my prayers. I am also thankful for the many who prayed for my brother and my family, especially Shirley, who prayed for me upon receiving my call. The 10 cents call is counted worthy afterall...as the rest were sleeping already? haha...

Though I can't convincingly say that I am already ok emotionally, I am thankful that all these are over. The doctor wasn't able to diagnose the reason for his blackout. But I guess that what is more important is that he is feeling much better now. This incident brought the whole family closer than before. I am thankful that we are knitted closer than before.

For now, I can only keep praying for my family's salvation and that is my only wish. Pray also for me.. I am overwhelmed by all these happenings. Even though, I might look ok outwardly but deep inside, there are many battles within me. Thanks for your prayers full of care and love. Appreciate tt a lot!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger WeNdY tAn said...

Hi Trish. Hang on k! Will be praying for u * your family. Hope your bro is feeling better now. Continue to reply on God's strength & comfort as he pulls u through this time.

Thu Sep 21, 02:02:00 PM GMT+8 

Post a Comment

<< Home