Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Way To Live - Encourage

On Sunday, Pastor Jeff preached a very mind-blowing sermon... it was a sermon that everyone knew even before he preached it, but only some are practising it or even living it out. I'm definitely one of those who have forgotten about practising it in my life. That is to encourage.

I grew up in a rather 'negative' environment since young. Crticisms and condemnation sipped in more naturally than love and kindness. My siblings and myself often fight for things and we don't know how to love one another. We just fight, quarrel and snatched things as if for survival at home.

But as Ps Jeff talked more about encouraging each other and spurring each other on for greater things in Christ, I was kinda ashamed cos I am always on my mode of suaning when I see my CG or my colleagues. I need to decrease in my crap and increase in my affirmation. Anything that doesn't help advance the KOG, I will need to stop doing it. But if suaning pple increases fun when serving God, I think I will need to do it in a moderate sense.

When come to the last point (if i dun remember wrongly...) Ps Jeff started to sing "Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so..." When he started singing that, I know that tears are going to well up my eyes. I teared during the sermon. My heart went really soft... I was reminded of how much of love that I need from God. Yes, Jesus loves me this I know and I need Him even more than last time. I know that I'm weak from inside out, that is why the more I need to depend on Him.

I can't do it on my own, I know it full well. But with God, I can.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacqueline Chan Gaik Yee said...

dear yanz,

i was touched by that song too..
"Jesus love me"..

remember "Jesus love you surpass your knowledge". ENJOY in HIS LOVE and you will FIND LOVE ( perfect love in christ)) !:)

love ya.

Thu Sep 07, 12:22:00 AM GMT+8 

Post a Comment

<< Home