Saturday, September 02, 2006

Match-Making?

I had a very slow morning. Was chatting with one of the senior managers from Cheers and was in canteen for almost 35 mins... woah!! haha... that is the luxury of PR, building relationships with colleagues from other dept. hohoh...

my colleague, hippo, was all smiles when she stepped into office today. She enthusiastically came up to me and said, "You know, I have something to discuss with you... and it is going to be very fun!" I was like.. haha... how fun are things going to get?? FP Idol competition, don't tell me you want me to join you guys?? haha... Then she added, " I met my with my uni friends ydae and this 25 year old guy is looking for a girlfriend... and you are the first one that came into my mind, for me to intro to him..." I was like.. pls lor...aiyo... i dun like matchmaking one lor.. so weird right??

So she happily went on to tell me how smart this guy is and how well he is doing in his career now... etc etc... well, to me, I can make as many friends as I want... That is not a problem at all. It is natural for me to make new friends every now and then. It is just me. But to know friends with an intention of developing into relationship? haha... that is kind of wrong motive in friendships isn't it?? However, I don't deny that some pure friendships can be developed into courtships later on. But that is what I want? Pure motives in friendships from the start, with no other agenda at the back of our minds.

That is when you can see the real side of the guy or girl that you are befriending... The weaknesses, flaws, strengths and characters, all will be shown as you get to know one another more in the circle of friends. I have no intention to hide any of my feelings and character flaws among my friends. However, it is also a no excuse to say, "That is who I am. Accept me or not." It is a very selfish statement to say things like that. It is just trying to say that I can be who I want to be. God created me this way and I have no say in it. I will just keep on doing things that I like, the way I want to be and run my life as I see best to ME! But God didn't intend us to function this way. He wants us to be like Him, closer to Him and even to be always living a life that is according to His plans. Should we think that God gave us a freewill so that we can be spoilt brats, I can tell you that it is simply not God's intention.

Anyway, I shall not keep on preaching (which I seldom do this in my blog nowadays..) or else you guys will find me a nag soon! Shall go now and later will be badminton session!! hehe...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow not bad got ppl match u hor..I think is abt time too..haha..joking.. ;P

Sat Sep 02, 03:55:00 PM GMT+8 
Blogger Tricia said...

haha like wat i say... it's match-making.. but i prefer making new friends with pure motive la.. haha... btw, as for whether is it time anot, haha... let God decide bah!!

Sun Sep 03, 10:25:00 PM GMT+8 
Blogger Tiger said...

bwahahahha....

its normal lah

Mon Sep 04, 09:05:00 AM GMT+8 

Post a Comment

<< Home