Wednesday, June 18, 2008

ACTSperience Day 3

Day 3 was pretty cool. We started the day with our QT and worship in my room. The QT message was about "Learning to Forgive".

In the passage, there was the example of how the master erased the servant's hefty debts.
Matthew 18:21-35, The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant

21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[f]

23"Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents[g] was brought to him. 25Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26"The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' 27The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28"But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii.[h] He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded.

29"His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.'

30"But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32"Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' 34In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay
back all he owed.

35"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

I presented the song that I wrote few years back about forgiveness and the lyrics goes like this:

D
Is there someone who ever did you wrong
D A
Is there someone who ever let you down
F#m Bm
Pain as it is, hurt it may be
G A D
We shall never ever let it hold us down
D
Is there someone who ever let you down
D A
Is there someone who makes you sad
F#m Bm
Pain as it is, hurt it may be
G A D
We shall never ever let it hold us down
Chorus:
G A D
Learn to forgive one another
G A D
Let us learn to love each other
G A D Bm
Love the Lord as He has loved you so
G A D
Forgive others as God has loved us all

Anyway, that QT was a very touching one. Thank God for moving in our hearts once again.

Below are some pics of that day...

Josherine and Mikka

Jieyi and Thomas... Jieyi was down with cough and sore throat.
Weird thing is Jieyi looked so sad n Thomas looked so happy...

So Thomas repented after he smiled so happily.. haha..
This was done by my team during the workshop.. :)



This is Jennifer from NG5C1









This is me and Angie... haven't talk to her for a long long time.
kinda miss the fun we have at Choir... finally managed to catch her for a short while in camp..

ok.. this is Ms EeLee Tan. wow.. though she claims that she put on weight but I think I put on more weight than her leh.. haha...


This is Pamela and Junming.. my fellow CL and core in the unit.
a good team of leader and armor bearer...




my UL and my sheep.. dun need me to intro le ba...

This was during our night time affirmation for the leaders.. a lot of surprises and fun for the CLs and the UL. Felt so loved and blessed by my CG pple. They even composed a song for me.. Btw, the picture above is Pamela... nice right? I take one wor...

And the Mr Funnybone.. Junming. Thank God for this fellow CL.. I really think that he really loves his CG a lot. Got a lot to learn from him.

End of Church Camp Day 3.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home