Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Secure In The Lord

When I stepped out of house this morning, I saw a very amusing scene. My neighbour was waiting for the lift and carrying his daughter at the same time. The daughter was sleeping so soundly and her head was lying on her dad's shoulders. This is kind of a sweet scene to me.

It really reminded me of how God has brought me so far, ever since the day my dad n mum got divorced. God has played a very important role of a Father to me. Some others do have difficulty relating to God as a Father, due to the family situation and lack of the role model of a father at home. But I am just so thankful that I do not have such test in relating to God like a child or daughter because I knew that I lacked a father's love, and that is why I sought God for it.

God never fails to comfort me and help me to overcome the struggles like this. To me, the Lord is the most comforting Father that I can ever go to. I love this passage from the bible, it says in 2 Corinthians 1:3-7,
The God of All Comfort
3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 6If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

Yes, I am comforted till this point and I know that God will be my strength and refuge in times of needs and difficulties. The Father that never fails to hold His child's hand and walk through the darkest valleys, and helping her to soar on wings of eagles, that is my Father, that is my God. :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home