Friday, September 05, 2008

Learning to keep in step...

... with the Holy Spirit!!

Yes... that is something that I've learnt yesterday. I was praying hard for the chairing for yesterday's unit event and I was prepared to share a passage from 1 John 4: 9-10, which says, "9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son[b] into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for[c] our sins."

However, I was also contemplating to share John 3:16-17, " 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.", since the theme was on God's love. But at the end, I just gave it a 'miss'.

So we had the prayer, the worship, the exercising of spiritual gifts... haha... and I shared on the parable of the lost sheep instead. Well, I think the passage was really good but it could have been even better if I have shared on the passage of 1 John and John. So the best part is that all these verses were covered in Desmond's message later on.

I felt a little kind of disappointed when I didn't obey the voice of the Holy Spirit. I should have obeyed and spoke through the passage by faith. Well, perhaps, I wasn't too focus enough and there were too many things happening within a day.

I really need to repent and learn to be in step with the Holy Spirit..

In John 14:25-27, "25"All this I have spoken while still with you. 26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Ok, I shall let the Holy Spirit be my Counselor. :)

Ganbate!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home