Saturday, November 25, 2006

On the last day of the trip, we had a even better time than visiting the Tee Lor Su Waterfalls. Because we went around the whole town of Maesod to meet people from different backgrounds... But most imptly, before we started the day, I can only say that I had a super good sleep at the resort... Although Shannen, Jasmine and me slept on a slightly bigger than normal queen size bed, I still slept throughout the night very soundly... with no movement.. or better still, i've got no idea that Shannen actually went to the toilet a few times due to her stomach upset... alamak... i'm really a dead log... haha...

We managed to have QT outside our rooms... I had a little sip of coffee before starting to worship God... However, never undermine the power of coffee.. I lost my voice during the worship after that little sip... wah liew... my heart was panicking.. cos I was supposed to lead PnW that night. How am i supposed to do that when I lose my voice... argh... Anyway I still prayed and asked God to heal me during and after the Quiet Time. Chris led the QT and we read the passage on the widow's oil..

2 Kings 4:1-6, "The Widow's Oil
1 The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha, "Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the LORD. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves."
2 Elisha replied to her, "How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?" "Your servant has nothing there at all," she said, "except a little oil."
3 Elisha said, "Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don't ask for just a few. 4 Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side."
5 She left him and afterward shut the door behind her and her sons. They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring. 6 When all the jars were full, she said to her son, "Bring me another one." But he replied, "There is not a jar left." Then the oil stopped flowing.

It spoke about how prophet Elisha helped the widow with the little oil that she had.. so that it will multiply and help the widow to pay off the debts.

God spoke to me very strongly about serving God with all that we have. If we are faithful with the 'spiritual gifts' in our lives, God will surely anoint and pour forth what we need in order to do His work. However, once our desire terminates, the overflowing of anointing will stop eventually. It really depends on many jars do we have and want to have for this to overflow.. We don't have to call the termination department, but it will be automatically call-off if our faithfulness or desire stops at any point in time. The passage that Chris shared was coincidentally the passage that Desmond wanted to share about for that night. No wonder he was smiling thoughout the QT sharing.. cos God has already confirmed the word. It is not just for the Hope of God Maesod Church but also for us as well. His timing is perfect and He knows what we need to hear rather than what we want to hear.

After QT, Achan Vajana, Achan Nuy, Noon and Wee came to the resort to look for us. They brought us out for breakfast and guess what?? I really ate a lot... hoho...


Myself and Jasmine shared a bowl of wanton noodles, in addition to the bowl that we had individually earlier on. haha... one and a half bowl.. not bad right?? hee...

Jasmine: Bamboo rice for sale... anyone keen??

Oops...potential buyers... Betsy and Chris... keke...



Happy eating... full and satisfied... so we can do more later right?? keke...

After the breakfast, we went back to the car... and on the car, I managed to multi-task again... I asked Noon for the Thai Praise and Worship Songbooks.. of cos.. there are english translation in them.. or else, I will never be able to choose my songs for the night...

Realised that most songs are either Hope Bangkok's composed songs or very old songs that we sang in the 90's. But thankfully I know how to sing them... haha... However, when Noon passed me some songsheets with some Hillsong worship and praise, I was more than delighted to sing them... But, Achan kept reminding me that Jui don't know how to play majority of the songs.. so I need to learn to work within what we have on hand. :)

So I chose about 4-5 praise songs and 3-4 worship songs... the songs weren't too unfamiliar... haha.. but I kept asking Noon to pray for me so that I will be able to minister to the people in the church... And I kept asking her if we will be able to practise with the rest of the worship team.. and she didn't confirm anything with me... *sweat* haha...

After song selection, we went to a Mandarin Church in Maesod...



The pastor (pic below, on the left) came to Thailand, Maesod about 20 over years ago from Taiwan to start a church... She actually received a calling from God to come to Maesod to share the gospel in the town there. I was so inspired by her... She managed to pick up Thai language from scratch... amazing...


She shared with us that she need to train up a successor to take over her role as she is already quite old le... At the end, we prayed for the leaders and the church to be visionary and evangelistic... to bring forth unity to the chinese community over there.




And the above pic is our group photo.... hohoh...:p

After visiting the mandarin church, we tried to go to the myanmar border with our passports and visas... at the end, we didn't managed to get through as our visas are only for those who go to Myanmar via flight.. thus, we can only look at the country from afar...



We went to some shops to look for souvenirs...and I saw this shop that sells some cheap guitars... haha... thought of buying one but the quality was not that good.. so give up that thought... thank God that I didn't buy or else my luguage will be even more man... hee...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home