Thursday, November 23, 2006

Deaths in sleep

Reading newspapers is part of my job. However, as I monitor my company's news daily, it seems to have more sad news than ever.

I really wonder why are there so many unnatural deaths lately. The local newspapers reported that for the past one month, there were 5 unnatural deaths of men whom died during their sleep.

I wonder to myself if this is a curse or is this a plague.

The more I read the news, the more I feel for the people.

5 souls.. I wonder how many of them know God personally. It strikes me hard that I need to pray harder for my family's salvation. I kept all these news in my heart and mind.

Out of these 5, one of them is actually a neighbourhood GP. He made such a big impact in the lives of the people in Rivervale that 300 over people went to the funeral.

Then, another question in my head came about. How many people have I impacted so far? The doctor has impacted so many lives. Thus... how much more should we as believers do to impact people?

Will there be people turning up for my wake, thanking me for the things that I have done for God and them... I ever wanted to start counting the number of lives that God has used me to bring them to know Jesus. But I think I can't count because I have lost count apparently.

But I want to be used to bring more lives to know God. I felt disappointed at times to see that some whom came to know God in the beginning, experienced His goodness and received His blessings before, have left to love the world more than God our Father, I just can't help but to cry in my heart. How can one self who has experienced so much goodness from Jesus be strandled away even more than before?

Is Christmas becoming an annual ritual of giving away of gifts and presents, asking people to go for Christmas events or is Christmas still that very reason why we believe - Jesus was born so that He can bring us life. Do you still remember all these?

So will lives matter to you more or they are just people that you know?

I really don't know how to end this entry but I can only say that God will never let you go even though you left Him long time ago. Give God a chance and run back to Him bah...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Silent Lucidity... said...

Hi yanyanz!

hehe.. enjoyed your blog & updates of our beloved STM in Mae Sot. Miss you lots & Didnt get a chance to see you after we are back in Sg.. haiz.

Here's mine sancturary; & blabbering of nonsense at times, ;p

http://chasingafterwind.blogspot.com/

catch up with you this sat! :)

Fri Nov 24, 02:23:00 PM GMT+8 
Blogger Silent Lucidity... said...

By the way, If you are wondering who is Silent Lucidity, Im Shann. hahaa~!

Fri Nov 24, 02:24:00 PM GMT+8 
Blogger Tricia said...

fwah... Shann.. u actually managed to track me to this blog... can't imagine how many entries u have read... miss u and ah yeo... and of cos betsy too... haha...

I'm so anticipating to meet up on Sat for the debrief... thank God that you are fine now liaoz... will pass the pics to u guys hopefully on Sunday... :p

Fri Nov 24, 04:23:00 PM GMT+8 
Blogger Silent Lucidity... said...

didnt track u down la... saw yr blog links in one of our emails and i just click both. smart right? hahah ya right.

ohhh... nv read alot of entries yet cos no time no time.. just finished reading up on yr missions updates nia, why half here half xanga? *hug hug* God bless!

Mon Nov 27, 02:55:00 PM GMT+8 

Post a Comment

<< Home