Saturday, November 25, 2006

FourGospel Church

After visitng the Myanmar border, we went on to Fourgospel Church to visit Reverend John. Reverend John was converted in Hope Chiangmai more than 15 years back and is now serving at Fourgospel church. While he was sharing with us, I was distracted by the children in the school next to us. Hmm.. I was wondering why is there a school... and soon, we got to know that the school is actually runned by the church. And when Reverend John asked if we want to visit the classes and the children, I was the first to shout, "OK!! Let's go!!.." I dished out my camera and was all ready to take picture of them...



This is the school that we went to... And the pic below shows the main hall, comprising of 2 classes of Grade 1 and 2...

Jasmine with some cute little burmese girls... Reverend John shared with us that the parents of these kids left them in the school to study in the day while they go to work... And I believe that these parents definitely left them in the right school.. hee...

The first boy I took when I entered the place...












Betsy was giving away the chocolate biscuits that Rena bought for the kids... We regretted not bringing more of these stuff for the children... shall bring more next year... :p



And the boy below is just simply enjoying the wonderful taste of chocolate... :)








Caught the boy below having his hair shaved by the barber... haha.. he was so shy when I took these 2 pics below..








We taught them how to sing twinkle twinkle little stars... and also, I love you Jesus... They really enjoyed themselves... I taught them sentence by sentence and they picked up the song quite fast... repeating one line by one line after me... Amazing children...

And when I said "One more time"... and they obediently said "One more time.." haha.. I ended up laughing.. but they are really very cute and adorable.. though they are poor, I've seen what it meant to be really happy to live a simple life. I will learn from them more on this... to be easily contented... even more contented than before.
Before we left the school, the Burmese teacher, who knows english, helped me to translate my appreciation to them in burmese... i told the kids to really study hard and to love Jesus even more each day. And they must also study hard so that when they grow up, they will be able to support the parents fully... And the children also did a wonderful song for us in English and Burmese... with Sign Language... I was so touched that I nearly cried.... I cannot imagine that they sang so much out of their heart.. and they can form a very beautiful children's choir... Simply love them for who they are...





We gave the school a love offering and small sourvenirs as gifts. We hope that Reverend John will continue on his work and next year when I go back, I will sure go back with more songs and sweets... :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home