Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Birthday Celebration (III)

So what is this part III all about?? It is about my two of my ex-sheep meeting me up for lunch on my bdae leave. The day after choir celebrated for me, I took a day of leave for my bdae retreat... thought that it will be just a day of rest at home... but in the end, I met up with 2 of my ex-sheep... you should have seen them around before...

Sam smsed me at about 11.35am that morning. I was still trying to recover from my 'pancake failure' back then... so i replied and ask him where he wanna meet me... and after that sms, he just called me and ask me if i wanna meet him and shuhui to have lunch in town. wah liew... then we settled to meet up after 10 mins of conversation. I finally got out of my laziness and went to get ready... the exciting part is that Sam drove to my place to pick me up to go Tanjong Pagar... I was so excited.. cos moi ex-sheep is driving liaoz wor... haha... at the end, when he reached my place, I got to know that he only got his license for a month. then I became a bit worried about his driving skills. However, his driving skills turned out to be very good... except for the his 'parking' skills i guess...


had a super good time talking to them. we had lunch at Amara food court... going there for lunch brought back many memories of our youth days... when youth service just started in 1997 and we had service at Harbour View Dai-chi Hotel, when now, is already known as M Hotel. I even remembered that we had a series of teachings for Virtuous Speaking Church at the hotel. The meetings we had at the food court, bdae celebrations, christmas season, the tears and pain of the leaders... all were brought back within that 1 hour plus. The curry chicken, pizza, korean food stalls were still there... haha.. dunnoe why am I talking about the food now... I'm quite full now siah...

took a few pics with both Shuhui and Sam... then realised that I really missed them a lot too... after so many years... I remember that Shuhui was in my first CG when I first became CL back then. She was my sheep for quite sometime... and I've learnt a lot of things from her... especially the area of mercy. She has a very strong gift of mercy and her compassion for the handicapped and disabled is really evident in her life. Shuhui can be quite quiet at times but also she can also be vocal when need be. Oh ya... remember the Kawan church camp when the group led by Alan Tea put up a lot of newly-composed songs in Mandarin?? All the songs were written by Shuhui... and some with melody... i am just so proud of her... and inspired by her too...

As for Sam, he came over to my group after his Os. He was nicknamed as 'mouse' when he first converted in Sec 1. Why 'mouse' leh?? Cos he can be very timid at times... but he has finally grown up le.. though sometimes he still can be quite timid. hahaha... but to me, he is a very gd sheep... cos he never fail to amaze me with his gentle spirit. I can get rather unreasonable last time when I shepherd him, but i think his patience really supercedes my unreasonability.

back to the lunch... after a great deal of ordeal... we finally met Shuhui for lunch... I think that Shuhui was really hungry cos we only managed to eat at 1.40pm?? After lunch, I accompanied Sam to return the car to the rental company... then we walked to Sim Lim Square from Little India area...

when we were on our way there, I walked pass this very cute lane... it is call 'Baboo Lane'... hahaha... maybe I 'suah ku' (ignorant) or something... I really dunnoe that such a lane existed.

Then we walked to a 'dou hua' (beancurd) shop for some nice beancurd and fresh soya bean milk... it was really fun... though I was already very full but I didn't mind the dessert. We bought 3 bowls of beancurd for Nic cos she works just right behind Sim Lim Square... but she wasn't in school... so sad... at the end I have to send the beancurd to Sing Post.

Met Zannie at Sing Post cos she got something to pass to me... and guess what did I get from Zannie?? It was yet another surprise!!! A Jigsaw Ball... not only it is a jigsaw ball.. it is actually a pooh bear n gang one.. yeah... enough surprises this year to feel the kind of love that God has shown me through this spiritual family... After the Sing Post trip, I proceed to Bugis while Nic went to CC for a good time of exercise... We met up for dinner at about 8pm... Dewen n Junyao met me up even earlier.. at about 6.45pm... They were playing LAN game for quite a while.. and I was getting impatient liaoz.. haha... didn't know tt the LAN game can be so addictive for the guys one...

anyway, thanks to Nic, Wilfred, Shirl, Ling, Junyao, Dewen and Ethan for buying me dinner at Breko... it was a good meal la... Thanks a lot for the notes of appreciation too throughout the night. I'm just proud of u guys!!

My CG celebrated bdae for me and Jieyi on Sunday after service at Sakae Sushi... everything was good except the fact that I forgotten to bring my camera... haha... i was trying to ask all the pple at the table if they have a camera... but obviously.. none of them brought lah! But we had a special guest, WeeLiam, who is Gloria's colleague. Wah... after talking to him after service and during lunch, I finally raised the white flag and surrendered!! He is more sanguine than me and I lost to him in crappiness... wah liew.. his suaning skills is superb and my CG was amazed that I actually lost to him. haha... Shufen came by Heeren to pass me my bdae gift... really appreciate that thought and effort. The gift is a surprise for me... really...

Anyway enough bdae celebrations le lah!! What to do? I'm already at part III le wor.. If I continue to blog abt bdae, I will soon become bdae fatigue le.. I'm blessed this season for sure... though there are still a lot of pain and struggles, but I'm glad God still gave me remedies. Thank you Papa and thanks to all my frens!! Love u guys for loving me... hahaha... :p

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JesuaFreak said...

sob sob.. u left out our fantastic Botak jones meal....

Wed Oct 04, 02:02:00 PM GMT+8 
Blogger Tricia said...

no la.. i haven't got time to put tt in.. but is tt a bdae celebration? i dun hear any bdae wishes from the other 2 leh.. haha...

Wed Oct 04, 02:35:00 PM GMT+8 

Post a Comment

<< Home