Friday, November 23, 2012

Latest Lesson: Friendships

Oh mine!! God has to do this to me once and for all... For the pas 1 week plus, I have met up with not just one, two but five friends!!

I think these meet ups are not just purely chit chatting... gossiping about others or sharing about the latest achievements in life but to simply share lives.

A few things in common during these dates with my friends:

  • Openess
  • Acceptance
  • Encouragement
  • Prayer
  • Genuine Love
How I wish that I can have more of this kind of friendships in life. They are simply authentic and real. No judgement, no hidden agendas, no hi & byes...

I'm 31 this year and I am still learning about being a true friend to people around. But of course, I have also learnt a lot more about the very fact that no one can have everyone as friends. In fact, I wrote in my Facebook status recently about this lesson that I have learnt and am still learning to unfold:

"Acquaintances are many, few are called friends and you can count with one hand those that are your soul-mates. Not the married kind of soul-mates but those that know you and accept you from the inside out, just like how God does it. They may fail at times but they will never leave you nor forsake you in times of troubles."

So what does the bible says about friendships??

Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.

Smiles! I am such a bad friend at times but I am beginning to be a better one. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home