Thursday, July 03, 2008

Identity in Christ

Last evening, I had my first CG with my new group - NG7C3. I was really excited and geared up to meet God together with them. It was an amazing time of fellowship, Praise and Worship and also learning God's truth together. It was fabulously good!

During the teaching or discussion time, I taught about this lesson entitled "Your True Identity". It was all about recapping our identity in Christ by understanding that decisions that we make in life everyday will lead on to the fulfillment of our identity and calling in Jesus. For us to be continuously renewed everyday requires Christ-centred decision-making everyday. Yes, it is everyday. There are so many examples in the Bible that spoke about how people whom have first been called by the Lord, has not fulfilled that destiny in their lives. However, there were also many that lived their lives to the fullest and fulfilled that identity that God has called them to be.

Personally, I really like Apostle Paul whom really finished the race for the Lord in a glorious way. Not self-glorification. It is Christ-glorification. He said in 2 Timothy 4:7-8,

"7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."

Amazing statement made by Paul isn't it?

I hope to be like him. Finish the race, complete the task and keep the faith!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home